Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Sketch Series 2 (2.9.22)

 













The current lighting in my living room and the position of the sun in the sky does correspond to the solar chart that shows the sun's path around my apartment. During this time of day, 2:58 pm, there is enough light to read and sketch by and this is typically the case throughout the day until around 5:00 pm which is usually the time I turn on a lamp or overhead lighting. Using a lamp and overhead lighting is usually adequate but casts shadows making sketching a little more difficult. While there are blinds to help diffuse light, they are currently pulled up so there is nothing blocking any light. There is a while blanket draped over the sofa which reflects light and sometimes feels like it's "glowing" because of how bright it is. On the other hand, the carpet and tv are pretty dark and seem to absorb light. I think that during the early part of the day, having my back to the window and allowing the sun to directly hit the paper would improve my experience and eliminate shadows that seem to get in the way.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketch Series 1 (4.13.22)